Sunday, August 15, 2010

All Class Reunion

Today I attended the Annual Manitou Springs All Class Reunion. This was a two or three day annual event, but I have never attended it. I am generally on my own class reunion committee, so it was nice to attend and not have to do anything but show up. For the past five years I have heard from or seen classmates at another classmate's funeral service. This was the case on August 8th ( re: Shirley). This was a happy time. Tears of joy...this was the case for Janeen and myself. I knew her growing up. My older brother dated her older sister. She married, I married and that was it. From time to time my parents would tell me that they saw her parents. Our families were good friends, but somewhere over the years we lost track of one another. Anyway, D'Esta said that she was bringing Janeen and wouldn't it be terrific if we could talk, etc. Janeen, D'Esta and I sat together and talked and talked. I don't know if this event has been well attended in the past, but there were enough people for me. I have been told that this get togehter is held every year in mid-August. Older people would hear my last name and ask 'aren't you the little sister of Lucky or the older sister of Doug?' I saw the older sister of a good friend of mine in high school. Asked her to tell Margaret I think of her often and to tell her hey. That particular person says she sees my Mother often. Says Mother is quite a character. It's a good thing that my Mother is remembered not only by my own high school friends, but also by the friends of my siblings. And quite frankly Mother still has spunk. D'Esta told me that my Mother used to help her fix her hair for special dates (homecoming and dances), because her Mother didn't take an interest in that. I did not know about this. I feel this is wonderful. I know Mother remembers this person. She would like it very much to know that she helped someone years ago and that this person appreciated what she did for her.

Sandy
Class of 1968

No comments:

Post a Comment