Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's been a long time...

Good gravy...I just looked at the date of the last posting to this blog...October 22nd. Hey, did I mention I found my friend from decades ago? That story was in May, 2009. Well, I didn't actually find her, but I found her son on Facebook. He remembered me from his grade school days. I couldn't find her because of her name change. She got a divorce from the husband I remembered, remarried and then became a widow. He told his Mother about me looking for her and she wrote to me via facebook. It was a very happy day.

Joshua was a wizard for Halloween. Kellie and I made a joint effort at the costume. He looked terrific! Went to Trick or Tresting on the Avenue (Colorado Avenue), Boo at the Zoo (Cheyenne Mountain Zoo) and then to everyone's homes for candy. The weather was perfect.

Joshua received his certificate and stuff from Boys Scouts of America at a presentation of all Scouts in the Pikes Peak Council District last night. The presentation was at IT'Z here in Colorado Springs. All boys that sold over $1500 were recognized and given a couple of hours of free fun. Joshua sold over $3,000. All invitees could bring parents and one guest. Naturally, Joshua invited Baxter, his best friend. They had THE best time. This was also for dinner at IT'Z. All you could eat.

Kellie and I attended the Winter Concert at Joshua's school this evening. Joshua plays the clarinet. This is his first year playing the clarinet. He likes it and is good playing it. I do remember the squeaky notes from when he first started playing. I rarely hear a squeak anymore. In addiiton to this instrument, Joshua still takes weekly guitar lessons. Really enjoys playing the guitar. Baxter plays the cello. Baxter's parents sat next to Kellie and myself. Once a week the boys load their instruments in the car after school and bring them home.

The program ended at seven p.m. When Joshua asked about the time, he said that we still had time to get to the Scout meeting. Wednesday is Scout night. He debated about attending the program vs. Scouts. Joshua hasn't missed a meeting in the last two years. He knew that the program was important also. Even though he enjoyed playing the clarinet tonight, he wanted to get to the meeting. So off we went and met another family (son was also in the program) going into the building for the Scout meeting.


Seems like a lot has happened to us since 10-22-09. Some days seem to blend into the next one. Hands down - the biggest thing has been signing papers for our home in mid-November. We are extremely happy about this. The title people came to our home for this event (it's an event to us). I had never heard of the company coming to you, but they did. I do believe I cried a little after everyone left.

Random thoughts - We all received H1N1 shots. Joshua continues to do well in school and life is good. My family and I like to play Farmville on Facebook. I spend way too much time doing that.

Started this posting before midnight and now it's after midnight. I need to get my beauty sleep. Kellie and I are both going on a field trip with Joshua's class tomorrow to the Pioneer Museum.

xoxo
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment