Saturday, August 22, 2009

Woodbadge Training

Kellie, my daughter, is in the San Isabel Mountains this weekend earning her Woodbadge rank. A Scouter has the option of training for six straight days or two weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) training sessions. This isn't a two hour course here and there during the day. It starts at 7 a.m. and ends at 10 p.m. This weekend it is hiking (for MILES) into the outback. It is about survival. Your pack (on your back) must contain everything one would need for three days. Everything - including your tent. I bet that darn pack weighs at least 75 pounds. Kellie is young and strong. I am sure she will do great this weekend. This is important in the Scouting world. She will be the only person in our pack with this rank. Kellie is also the Webelos I Leader. Last year Kellie was the Bear Leader. Joshua, my grandson, is a Webelos I. And myself, well, I am the Advancement Chairperson for our pack. Kellie and Joshua love to camp and this will definitely benefit them both.

1 comment:

  1. That's is awesome. i would love to do something like that.That's sounds like alot of work but tons of fun

    ReplyDelete