Sunday, August 16, 2009

Swimming and Yardwork





Our Scout pack had a swim night at Wilson's Ranch this past Wednesday evening. We really had a good turn out. These are pictures of Joshua on the water slide. Last year he would not get on the slide much less the stairs leading up to it. A year older and braver, he couldn't wait to be the first one down the slide. Joshua was all over that pool.

Last year I got into the pool, but this year I didn't. We went to the pool more often last year, also. This is really the only time we've been able to go. Oh yes - there was one other time that I took Joshua and Baxter, his best friend, to swim. Half way there Kellie called to tell me that the pool had closed due to lightning in the pool area of town.



Saturday, August 15, 2009

On most weekends it seems we have something scheduled to do. On Friday night before falling to sleep, I told myself not to wake until at least 8 a.m. I woke at 6:45! What's that all about?! I had sent my mental message and was denied. That's not a good thing. Today the only errand was to go across town for a bookshelf that had been purchased a few days before. I couldn't fit into my car. Kellie has a SUV, so we picked it up in her vehicle.

After I cleaned the kitchen, Joshua helped me in the front yard. Are you familiar with the long metal strips that are placed in the ground to separate the grass from a sidewalk? There is, no doubt, a proper name for these metal strips. I just don't know it. Three pieces totalling about 30-35 feet were dug up and removed. The metal was buried about five inches into the ground. A small portion was showing about one inch about the ground. With children here everyday, it was an accident waiting to happen.

Joshua was a huge help. Thank you so very much, Joshua!

Love,
xoxo
Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment