Friday, July 17, 2009

The Dressing Room

My daughter, grandson and I have been invited to a wedding this weekend. We have been shopping for new clothes for a couple of evenings. I suppose we all had proper attire, but come on...it's for a wedding. Kellie was in the dressing room - Joshua and I were sitting outside the dressing room. As you probably all know, stores have dressing (or changing rooms) with walls completely to the floor & some don't. These walls in these rooms didn't go to the floor. I am looking around the area thinking this is roomy and aren't we comfortable. I then glance to the right. I see something out of the corner of my eye...a pair of shorts and a pair of underwear on the carpet of a dressing a few doors down from Kellie's. One of the rules of trying on clothing is to keep on your on your undergarments, especially your underwear. I asked Kellie if she was about to step out to show me her outfit. When she came out, I pointed to the dressing room with the underwear on the carpet. This woman was apparently trying on a swimsuit. I don't know what was going through that person's mind (Guess it wasn't consideration for another human being.) This is something you just don't do. Keep your underwear on. The first thing that comes to mind is personal hygiene and disease. Did she like the swimsuit? Did she buy the swimsuit? A few minutes later I saw the 'swimsuit' woman with a swimsuit in her hands and she headed for a clerk. Don't know if she tried on any others swimsuits.

I'm not a prude by any means, but this is something that isn't done. What do you think about this?

Sandy

3 comments:

  1. Gross!

    I remember they used to have plastic sewn into the crotch of the swim suit bottoms fro just this reason.

    Yes, keep the undies on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, they did a episode on the Tyra Banks Show about this. They tested swimwear from different stores and found tons of different kinds of bacteria and stuff on them. The funny thing, they said the higher end stores were worst than the lower ones with the contamination. So keep the undies on and wash before wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely with you!
    It is so repulsive!

    ReplyDelete