Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oh, the rain!

I had big plans this morning for today's 'to do' list. I didn't get nearly as much done as I had wanted. I washed the children's blankets, the kitchen is clean & got my hair cut. It rained...the water in the street in front of our home was almost up to the sidewalk. The drain in back on the cement wouldn't drain. I noticed this when I went into the garage from the house & saw water that had come through the bottom of the door. After gasping and sucking all the air from the garage, I came to my senses.

Off with the slippers & on with the tennis shoes. A lot of good that did me. Where are the waders when you need them? When I got to the back, I saw about three inches of standing water. Yes, there was not even the slightest view of the little swirl you see when water is suppose to be going away. The drain was covered with sticks & wood chips. Got the broom and whisked it away. Whew...crisis over!

No comments:

Post a Comment