Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Circus

The Circus is coming to town this month.This brings back a couple of memories. I don't know if my brothers remember this, but I sure do. My little sister wasn't born yet, so she really lucked out on this one.

When I was small, my brothers and I would always try to think of something that would get us into the circus...to be performers. Or after the circus had come and gone, we would try to perform some of the tricks that the circus people had performed.

I was just thinking about what I did as a child that was not a smart or safe thing to do.

Rolling up a newspaper in a long tube like fashion, holding it in my mouth and letting me older brother snap it off from the end a little at a time. He did this with his belt...like a whip.

Rolling up a newspaper in a long tube like fashion, holding it in my mouth, letting my older brother light it (I am the holder of a flaming torch now) and letting my older brother snap it off from the end a little at a time. He still did this with his belt...like a whip...but faster because newspaper does (we discovered) burn really quickly.

My younger brother always clapped and thought this was a great treat to see his siblings 'perform'.

Where was my mind?!

Mother quickly put a stop to this.

Sandy

4 comments:

  1. hahahaha sounds thrilling :D
    hope you did not get burned before you mom caught on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they DIDN'T let you into the circus?? Two thumbs way up for the nerve to try :) Aw mom...no fun. Of course I say this because my 3 year old and 1 year old are too young to try these stunts...for now anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! That's an awesome story, we sure did crazy things when we were kids. Makes me relieved I still don't have any of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, such a cute post! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete