Thursday, April 23, 2009

Playing Jacks

Do you remember playing jacks when you were growing up? I certainly do. I absolutely loved it. I kept my jacks in a pint milk carton. I think it was my Aunt Minnie that suggested I keep my jacks in the carton. She gave me two, because I had so many of them. She told me that I wasn't as likely to lose them this way. I remember playing with my cousin and/or friends. You have different jack games within the world of jacks, you know. Onesies, twosies, etc. and Pigs in the Blanket. Around the World was another one. I taught my children to play when they were young. Both my grandsons even gave it a whirl a couple of times. When I asked my daughter if children even play the game anymore she responded that she hadn't seen anyone play in a long time. Do you play jacks?

1 comment:

  1. I know how to play onesies, twosies, etc, around the world, houses, baskets, but do not know how to play Pigs in the Blanket! How do you play it?

    ReplyDelete